At the GLCHS Christmas party last week one of the party games we played was coming up with a top ten list on a given topic. My table was given The Top Ten Things You’ll Never Hear a High School Teacher Say. Here’s what we came up with:
10. Your dog ate your homework? Is he O.K.?
9. (In the last 5 minutes of a staff meeting) Excuse me, there is one more think I would love to get everyone’s opinion on.
8. Of course yesterday’s test is marked.
7. Unless I’ve got 28 kids in my class I just don’t feel like I’m teaching.
6. Wait a minute! Let’s ask the principal and see what he thinks!
5. Here’s my home phone number. Call me tonight if you have any questions.
4. Eight weeks of summer holidays is such a drag!
3. This classroom smells great!
2. Sure you can have a re-test. Let me write one up for you.
and the number one thing you’ll never hear a High School Teacher say:
Year round schooling? That sounds great!